27 de enero 2018
Sabbatical Day # 23
– … con el permiso de don Paco I. Taibo II, el de su personaje en forma del detective privado Héctor Belascoran Shayne; y si menospreciar tampoco a el resto de “La Nomenclatura” de Morena, así que pues, don Paco, lo siguiente se raya en Spanglish con un poco de Castellano, but mostly it is scribbled en Anglais.
FOR THE RECORD,
the following, Corazón,
is about a Veriform Appendix:
« `cus you’re a good [Caryatid] girl »
Had he known that the commitment level in that Civil Union pact applied only to him, he would have finished cooking that pot of frijoles and let her die a slow and painful death right then and there… neta que sí.
Sarah Silverman introduces one of the staff’s First Favorite Jewish person]
– Dear World,
Comicus needs no introduction, but just in case Preatorian guards are wondering why the One-and-Only Mel Brooks is dropping in [en este inconsecuente blog], well, it is because Jeff Goldblum is temporarily indisposed… and y’all know how Mel likes to take care of “The Fly” everytime that he comes down from one of his metamorphic “trips,” back into human form.
– Anygüey, the staff continues to dwell in their yearly Sabbatical; we however [the drafted replacements], are doing the best to deliver “The Cross Media Tangents” that the staff commissioned Jeff and me to deliver to you all in the first place.
– … however, please be advised that we [the drafted replacements] continue to experience Major Technical Difficulties in the form of: WE FUCKING LOST all of the staff’s remaining production equipment.
– Thank goodness for Les bibliothèques de La Mairie de Paris Network, which has given us [the drafted replacements] two hours per day to fiddle around the AZERTY keyboards and their restricted interwebs… damn you “le serveur proxy.”
– Sorry, Armando Álvarez, we, [the drafted replacements] wont be able to see you hosting “the” SNL tonight, or any time in the coming days… “Break a leg” and punch Colin Jost right in the fucking gut for us, Will’ya please?
– De todos modos “Che”: no te vayas, because AL REGRESAR…
It’s Weekend Edition
with your Host:
[Comicus continues with the narration]
– Flashback to January 27th of 2011.
[Text on screen]
On a day like tomorrow, enero 28, of 2011, the Staff arrives to Paris.
– It was a rather quick and pleasant flight, less than nine or ten hours to depart from the runway at LAX and then exit from the baggage claim at CDG; of course, upon landing, rain was forecasted for the next five or seven days; the previous month was a cold one, apparently the staff had missed the biggest snowfall that covered the streets of Paris in quite a while, in any case the staff can’t remember the specific details of his arrival on account that in the past 400 days or so, all of those archives went up in smoke or were lost to Eastern European Gypsies on a public bench near La Gare de Lyon; now then, of the stuff made of papers not even the ashes remain and of the physical gadgets not a trace can be pegged.
– Anygüey, it was 7 years ago tomorrow when a guy, a bloke,–un pinche vato valedor, pues– boarded a Big Ol’ Jet Airliner from France is in the Air… or something like that, and which flew from the City of Angels to the City of Lights. He did this in order to try and plot the Virtual Latitudes where “Legitimate Wrong doings,” as The Rachel Maddow Show soundbite likes to call ‘em, are jetsomed onto virtual rivers of impunity where institutionalized criminality, as the staff straight-up likes to tag ‘em, flows downstream –always downstream– just like shit always flows from the highest places in power to the lowest forms of denominators on the chain of command or of concerns; in this particular river of sorrow, the jetsom thrown away by a disastrous judicial system engages on an morbid dance with the Flotsom that in this particular river stream takes on the Form and the Shape of “ABUSE OF POWER, CORRUPTION, FAILURE OF PRISON SYSTEM, PERMANNENT ILLEGALITY (informal business practices) FOR THE REGULAR CITIZEN, AND PERMANENT PRIVILEGES FOR THE UNTOUCHABLE OLYGARCS.” (Aviso para don Paco: las mayúsculas fueron adquiridas en préstamo de su libro “NO HABRÁ FINAL FELIZ: La Serie Completa de Héctor Belascoarán Shayne; pg. xiv del prefacio de esa obra. Gracias. y se utilizan con fines educacionales y nada más, para que no la vaya usted a hacer de Pex, ¿’ta bien wey?).
[Voz de mujer
Sarah Silverman doblada al Espagnol]
– Ni modo, hasta aquì llegamos por el día de hoy; una disculpa por no poder subir dibujitos y fotos… dicho de otra manera: ya se nos acabó el veinte en la biblioteca. Ciao.
The Role of a CARYATID:
A caryatid is a type of column, in the form of a Woman, [ invented by the French, of course and ], found in temples of ancient Greeks. It’s a good term for heroines who are institution builders of their worlds – women who support and maintain the Status Quo.
These bitches… perdon, perdon, va de nuez, these heroines like order and functionality [ once they climb to the top, before that happens they are « believers » not fucking pragmatists ]. You can see a CARYATID in your bitch… ay, ay, ay… sorry; you can see a CARYATID in your heroine when she is eagerly trying to prove herself [constantly] on the job, by being a loyal wife [not always], running her own business and generally doing her own bit for The Establishment. (Pg. 62). This particular paragraph on this most inconsequential blog is a fair use of media. Bold lettering; strikethroughs; and underscores are the emphasis of the makers of this most inconsequential blog.
Source for the CARYATIDs:
Jacey, H., “The Woman in The Story: creating memorable female characters“. 2010, published by: Michael Weise Productions.